Halloween is right around the corner, and as everyone knows, Autumn is the best time to indulge in warm, pumpkin-spiced treats to capture the essence of the season. This Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe does just that, and it's so easy to make.
Whether enjoyed with a cup of tea on a rainy afternoon or as a dessert after Sunday dinner, this bread will become a fall favourite.
Ingredients For the Vegan Pumpkin Bread:
1 Can (400g) of pumpkin puree
200g self-raising flour
150g light brown sugar
100 ml unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
50g chopped nuts
50g raisins or sultanas
Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9x5-inch (23x13 cm) loaf pan with
- In a mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves). Mix them together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the canned pumpkin puree, light brown sugar, and unsweetened almond milk until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until you have a smooth batter. Don't overmix; just mix until everything is incorporated. If you're adding nuts and raisins, gently fold them into the batter at this stage.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. The baking time may vary slightly, so keep an eye on it as it approaches 40 minutes.
- Once the Vegan Pumpkin Bread is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Slice your Vegan Pumpkin Bread and enjoy it as a delightful autumn treat - it's perfect as is, or with a spread of vegan butter.
This simple recipe captures the flavours of autumn, and its minimal ingredients make it an ideal choice for a quick, delicious treat.